DETOX: You’re Doing it Wrong
Most people are aware they need to detox post-explant; it’s how they’re going about it that needs some work. This title (Detox: You’re Doing it Wrong) may possibly ruffle some feathers or push some buttons and I’m okay with that. I like to be intentionally disruptive with my content to challenge what you currently believe about healing, to get you starting to think outside the box, to try to prevent you from doing more harm to yourself than good, and to share with you that there is a better way…one that is less painful.
The truth is there are risky and less effective ways to go about detoxing the body and there are safe and effective ways. My goal is that you are the later and that really takes a true understanding of the body, how it works, how binders work, what their half-life is, how well they hold on to the toxins (vs recirculating them), methodology, correct order of it all, and how to support biochemical detoxification pathways. Without solid background knowledge on these topics (and others), you won’t know if you’re taking the right approach. And my guess is that if you’ve subscribed to my newsletter, you have probably done so because you need some guidance.
I’m very passionate about bringing you educated, research-backed information on all things breast implant illness while bringing to you my own personal and professional experiences to help you restore your health after explant, and that includes detoxing. I believe we all need to detox after explant, but most women are doing it wrong and making themselves EVEN SICKER! And hearing these stories often makes other women scared to even attempt it. Well, I don’t believe you should attempt it alone but when done right, there may be bumps in the road, but it is often very successful. There is hope! You have within you what it takes to heal given the proper tools and approach.
So, how do I know most people are approaching their detox wrong (or in an unsafe manner)? Countless hours of research. Most detox programs out there are like a street sweeper – stirring things up, but not actually getting toxins out of the body.
My approach involves a roadmap to health. Each step in this roadmap is vitally important for the next step to be successful. My approach supports all conditions, including weight loss, blood sugar dysregulation, hormone imbalances, fatigue, brain fog, autoimmune disease, leaky gut, and other common challenges of breast implant illness. However, my goal in sharing this life-changing information is not about addressing a condition, but rather supporting the body’s ability to heal itself.
- Any detox plan should be removing the source(s) of toxic exposure. My philosophy is to remove the interference(s) and allow the body’s innate intelligence to do the healing. However, chemical interference from breast implants, is what most doctors are missing and don’t fully understand. I believe this is one of the reasons why we’re not seeing the results we want to see from conventional medicine. On top of the toxins found in breast implants, the level of toxicity in today’s world is like no time in the history of mankind. Not the outside air, but what we are putting directly into and onto our bodies, not to mention the fact that we’re literally born toxic. So, either you haven’t had your breast implants removed yet, or there are other sources of toxins and/or heavy metals you haven’t addressed yet. These can be hidden sources that you may not even know exist. Knowledge is power. Removing the source(s) is the most critical step in detoxing and healing your body.
- You haven’t taken the time to support and open up the downstream drainage pathways (pathways of toxin elimination) like the bowels, liver, kidneys, gallbladder, lymph, skin, and lungs. Think about it, if these drainage pathways aren’t working like a well-oiled machine, what do you think is going to happen if you start using products to pull toxins out of your body…if they can’t actually get out, you’ll just be recirculating them like a street sweeper and autointoxicating yourself. I wrote an entire blog post about this HERE if you’d like to read more on this topic.
- You’re not addressing the mitochondria, which are the energy powerhouse of the cell. Cellular energy (ATP) is the gasoline of the cell, and nothing runs or functions without it. A lack of ATP has become an epidemic in women with breast implants and one of the main causes of so many symptoms beyond fatigue and the lack of physical energy. Symptoms such as brain fog, digestive problems, and hormone conditions may not be what you think of with the lack of cellular energy, but I can tell you this: without raising ATP in the cell, most often you will not impact those symptoms or conditions. Because of this, restoring cellular energy is one of the first things I focus on with most clients. The problem is the people who need to increase their cellular energy the most do not typically respond to most methods of raising it. Not only is it energy expensive to recover from surgery; it’s also quite energy expensive to detox the body so we need to support that energy production by removing the things negatively impacting mitochondrial function and giving them the building blocks to produce ATP (cellular energy).
- You’re not supporting biochemical detoxification pathways such as methylation and glutathionization (there are others beyond these two). Breast implants are a physical and chemical stressor and can turn on a bad gene, and oftentimes, it gets triggered during emotionally stressful times such as divorce, separation, the death of a loved one, etc., and will not resolve until the gene is turned off. Methylation has so many more functions in the body beyond detoxification. It is a process in the body with many responsibilities, one of which is to turn good genes on and bad genes off. If methyl groups are lacking, it leaves a greater opportunity for toxins, inflammation, and other stressors to trigger bad genes more easily.
There is a hierarchy of importance in the body for all things needed, and survival is always at the top, therefore your body’s innate intelligence will utilize methyl groups for survival first at the expense of other needs for methylation such as protecting the DNA and gene expression. If methyl groups are lacking, your body will use them first to adapt to stress as a means of survival. For, example, it needs methyl groups to activate cortisol and adrenalin (the two most important stress hormones) and if there is a lack of methyl groups it will take them away from other uses to activate the hormones needed to adapt to stress. If your body does not adapt to stress it dies, and its greatest priority is to live. The problem is that now the other needs are not met, and new problems will arise such as DNA damage (cancer) or genes of susceptibility being turned on. This is a new understanding of how the stress of breast implants and their toxins can lead to a host of different symptoms and diseases.
Stress, in fact, is the #1-way methyl groups become deleted. Remember, your body doesn’t know the difference between different types of stress: physical, chemical, or emotional. Its response is the same, and its use of methyl groups to adapt to stress is the same. Yes, your breast implants are costing you valuable methyl groups and putting your DNA at risk, and so is your worrying. Even chronic anxiety and depression can be linked to methyl depletion. Methyl groups are needed to turn on the stress response, but they are also needed to turn it off. Some people become so depleted due to multiple stressors that they simply don’t have enough to turn off the stress response and are left in a heightened stress reaction with ups and downs in cortisol and adrenalin. These individuals not only have anxiety but also sleep problems and eventually depression.
- You’re not addressing cellular inflammation. Systemic cellular inflammation is what, in part, is driving the epidemic of breast implant illness. More specifically, I’m referring to the inflammation of the cell membrane that affects the way the cell communicates, detoxes, and will ultimately change gene expression, which leads to a disease of genetic weakness. Understanding how inflammation affects the cell and how to down-regulate it is a must to reverse almost any condition, including breast implant illness. The unfortunate reality is that most practitioners are not keeping up with some of the exciting new research in the area of inflammation, detox, and gene expression and how this relates to breast implants, which would dramatically change the results they are getting in their practices.
- You haven’t done the deeper gut work and systemic pathogen work to clean things up in preparation for deeper chemical and heavy metal detox work. You see, pathogens (including those that live in the gut and those that live systemically in our cells/tissues/organs) create their own toxins called biotoxins and that adds to the load that the liver has to deal with. Your body will thank you if you take the time to bring the pathogen load down so it can actually focus on getting toxins out when you do start to go deeper with detox work. It all adds up where toxins are concerned, and this is some low-hanging fruit we should be taking care of prior to deeper detox work. Not only do they create their own toxins, but often things like parasites harbor heavy metals, chemicals, viruses, pathogens that cause Lyme disease, bacteria, fungus, mold, mycotoxins, etc. So, you can see how this can easily add up to quite a toxic load you’re exposed to, day in and day out, potentially making your detox experience not so pleasant.
BONUS: You’re not using true oral chelators. You’re likely using things like chlorella or cilantro as a binder for detoxification because others have raved about these amazing organic binders. The problem with these organic compounds is that they are very weak binders. Heavy metals are very heavy. Because other products like chlorella and cilantro can’t fully bind, the metals are not completely eliminated, and therefore end up re-circulating back into the body.
Maybe you’re even listening to the Medical Medium and thinking that you’re detoxing by drinking celery juice day in and day out. Hey, I’m not here to call other professionals out, but this one has to be addressed. Food can’t chelate heavy metals and chemicals. If you’re implementing this approach and getting results, more power to you…AND there is still a better way…one that doesn’t cause autointoxication. I will say that some may feel better initially on celery juice, and I believe that has more to do with the density of minerals found in celery than its detox power. Others feel so much worse on celery juice (and take weeks to recover) that they really strongly regret ever trying it in the first place.
The binders I use in my program can fully bind and hold heavy metals and other toxins tightly, therefore, re-distribution in the body is no longer a concern. It’s structure holds tight for cell detoxification support. The system I use has created a groundbreaking change in supporting our body’s natural cell detoxification systems.
The real proof of a true binder’s efficacy is whether it can successfully cross cell membranes as well as the blood brain barrier. To have confidence in a binder, it needs to perform in specific tests that can confirm its ability to travel through cell membranes unimpeded. Most “detox” products out there on the market contain particles which are supportive to the body, with one caveat. Based upon the size of the particle, they stay in the gut and cannot pass through cell membranes. As a result, none of these other products have proven to be effective.
Using true binders that can cross the gut lining and cell membranes, we can support the delivery of these molecules beyond cell-membrane barriers as well as across the blood brain barrier to pull toxins out of the brain and out of the cells for elimination from the body. It truly is the only product of its kind. And getting across the blood brain barrier is crucial because we store toxins in our fat and bone and our brains are 70% fat. This is the reason we develop neurotoxic symptoms like brain fog, poor memory, anxiety/depression, unexplained pain, muscle weakness, migraines/headaches, numbness/tingling of extremities, etc.
My Final Plea
My signature program: The Explant Reset came out of much suffering and it may not be the answer to every single health problem out there, but it will impact those who truly get it. I believe with 100% certainty that it is the perfect solution to reversing symptoms and restoring health after explant.
It is estimated that 3% of people are those who just take action and live their lives from “cause”. They intuitively know that everything in life comes from something. This knowing drives them to always look deeper, and even to look to themselves for the answers so they can make the necessary changes to affect their outcome. They rarely look to blame, and it is these 3%-ers that are most successful in the majority of things they do in life. The 97% seem to have a lot of reasons why they will not do something and live their lives from “effect” not considering that there is always a cause. Most blame others or simply think life is random and therefore do not take action to make changes. The best part is we can learn to be Doers. It is a daily choice. BE A DOER! TAKE ACTION WITH WHAT YOU LEARNED HERE! I know you didn’t read this by accident.
Apply for your BII Discovery Call with Sarah HERE.
Founder of Reversing Breast Implant Illness. Sarah has a passion for restoring health that has taken her along a path from a practicing RN, to walking away from her conventional nursing career to become a certified Functional Diagnostic Nutrition® Practitioner, and Breast Implant Illness and Detox Expert. She believes the solution to Reversing Breast Implant illness is about more than just the explant and that we all need to take personal responsibility for restoring our health by addressing the root causes that contribute to chronic illness: toxicity, infections, trauma, and shame. Sarah’s “pain to purpose” is using her personal experience along with her understanding about the body to guide women through the sea of mis-information about Breast Implant Illness in hopes of finding their path to true and lasting healing.
Sarah was once quite happy and comfortable living the conventional life, but she began to look at things very differently when her body started failing her after getting breast implants. Within about six months of getting breast implants, Sarah began to see her once perfect health steadily decline. She began experiencing a myriad of symptoms which no doctor could explain. No one understood what Sarah was going through. She felt completely alone in this invisible illness because on the outside she looked fine. On the inside, the discomfort of living inside her own body was maddening.
Sarah soon realized she was looking in the wrong places, for the wrong things. If she wanted to fix her broken body, she had to stop looking to treat the symptoms; she had to start looking for a cause. It was time to take her health into her own hands and find real answers. She discovered that the root cause was literally inside of her.
Sarah believes there is always a greater purpose within our struggles, and she believes that purpose for her was to learn how to heal her own body so she could then help other women like her do the same. It is Sarah’s believe that the body has an innate desire to heal if given what it needs and she focuses on teaching natural healing principles. Sarah will teach you how to Reverse Breast Implant Illness, take back your health, and live vibrantly!